Thursday, February 28, 2013

February Finishes #04: Embroidery 101 Quilt

Hi Everyone!
At last I've accomplished my goal  to finish up this quilt... the  Embroidery  101. I started this quilt in 2011  as part of a Quilt Along over at Clover and Violet. I finished the quilt top with all  the embroidery on schedule.  I choose to hand quilt  it with straight line following  the shape of the boxes created by the individual blocks on the front. I finish  up with machine binding  following Mellisa's of Happy Quilting tutorial. This is how the result looks like.


Quilt Description:
Size: 58″ x 58″
Binding: Machine bind
Quilting: Hand Quilted by me with straight lines along the sashing and around the centre of each block.
Pattern: Part of the Embroidery101: Stitch & Quilt Along hosted by Clover and Violet in 2011

I feel so pleased and happy with my accomplishment.  This is my first UFO quilt finish for 2013.

Linking up with:
A Lovely Year of Finishes

 February FinishesPhotobucket



Never Too Hot to Stitch!


6 comments:

Wendy said...

it's beautiful! Well done on getting it all finished. I would love to see some bigger, close up pictures?

Shanna of Fiber of All Sorts said...

What a great finish! Lalala I have this project in a bag!

Thanks for linking up

Gwen said...

Congratulations! You've done a great job!

Paulette said...

Very pretty! Your embroidery and hand quilting add so much to this quilt!

Lynette said...

Way to go! I love seeing people work on embroidery quilts. One day I'll make one. Yours is pretty. :)

Lynne said...

Very pretty quilt!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails